It’s time to pack away those camp bags and swap them out for school bags. Back to school season is upon us, and we’ve got a list of lifehacks to make every parent’s’ transition an easy one. Check out our list of timesavers and organizational tricks to start the school year off on the right foot. For more tips, tricks, and recipes, head to our full Pinterest board here.
1. Ice pack drinks Freeze Capri Sun or other juice boxes to act as a juice box in your child’s lunch box. The drinks will thaw by lunch time and it will act as a great space saver.
2. Lockerbones Help your kid organize his locker with the use of this cool invention!
3. Break in new shoes fast by blow drying them. Have your child put on thick socks and then stuff their feet into the shoe. Then, using a hair dryer, blow hot air onto the shoe and they’ll be broken in in no time.
4. Design a simple and fun homework caddy! Use a cutlery caddy and canning jars to create a fun, organized homework station that will make your kids want to do their work.
5. Adjust to new schedules with the help of your phone. Change the lock screen to a picture of a written note with pickup and dropoff times to keep your schedule at a quick glance.
6. Wrap your kids’ textbooks in chalkboard-painted paper. This will serve as a book cover and a fun, personalized touch to their books.
7. Use apps like RetailMeNot to find the best deals on all back to school items.
8. Purchase school supply bundles by grade. If you don’t have your supply list yet, head to Cozi for a list of age-appropriate bundles for every year of school.
9. Donate last year’s clothes and get cash back. Check out schoola.com , an organization that collects gently used clothes and donates 40% of the money to your child’s school.
10. Write a secret message on a banana using a toothpick. It will initially be invisible, but after an hour will appear! This is a great alternative to paper lunch box notes.
Use our Complimentary referral service to access over 1500 venues.Free Services
The latest event trends and the most up to date entertainment options.Start Today
We create, You celebrate. Be a guest at your own event.Let's Talk